On average, it cost $900 dollars to repair a busted pipe. Protect your pipes from freezing with these helpful tips!
- Drain water from swimming pool and water sprinkler supply lines.
- Close inside valves supplying outdoor hose bibs. To be safe, open the hose bibs all the way so that any remaining water in the pipe can expand.
- Insulate attics, basements and crawl spaces for higher temperatures.
- Check and insulate hot and cold water pipes in the garage, kitchen and bathroom cabinets.
- If you don’t have pipe sleeves or heat tape try ¼” newspaper to protect your pipes temporarily. This works great for homes that don’t freeze often.
- Keep garage doors closed if there are water supply lines in the garage.
- Consider insulating your garage door.
- Open kitchen and bathroom cabinet doors to allow warmer air closer to the plumbing.
- Let cold water drip from the faucet.
- Whether you are on vacation or turning the thermostat down for the night, think twice! Keep the thermostat set to 55° F to prevent freezing.
Love them or loathe them, your in-laws will come by soon. TWO MEN Lawrenceville has a few tips for those trips, vacations and drop-in visits in the weeks to come!
- Let them spoil your spouse/kids. Grandparents paid their dues by raising kids. Within reason, new clothing will lighten your budget for a little while. Offer up a zoo or aquarium visit for quality bonding time.
- Use temporary storage. Have a meddling in-law who’s always poking around? Empty out your junk drawers, extra closets and basement/attic. TWO MEN Lawrenceville will pack and store your items onsite! Less doors to lock.
- Organize your home/car with your spouse/child present. Your family will need to know where things are once in-laws are present. Cleaning up together can help!
- De-clutter your shared living spaces. Pinterest has tips for rearranging living rooms! Let TWO MEN Suwanee take the sweat out of rearranging your space.
- Exersize mandatory naptime. Relax with a little nap. Can’t sleep? Bring a nice book or fully charged device to watch your shows. Sneak in “me-time” between events.
- Breathe. Follow your in-laws’ lead. Less fighting, more quality time.
- Keep it real. Seriously, be honest with your family. Voice your concerns calmly and concisely. Everything will blow over in a few minutes.
- Stick with a lose schedule. Togetherness is measured by memories. Watching Netflix or grocery shopping can take hours with extended family. Don’t be a clock-watcher.
- Have simple activities on hand. Chalk, board games, dominos, cards, seeds to plant- easy tasks can turn into your loved one’s favorite memories.
- Keep coffee, tea and wine/sparkling cider close. Sweet drinks can boost moods!
Starting or combining families is an art. TWO MEN Lawrenceville does the heavy lifting after you and your loved ones come to a consensus. Ask your fiance and/or in-laws a few things first:
- What can you live without? Future roommates bring all kinds of treasures with them. Evaluate what will be passed down and what needs to be donated. Compromise with photos!
- Who has the final say on decor? Consider the size of each shared living space. If multiple generations live together, make a few trips to IKEA or Target so everyone feels included.
- Does your current furniture match your new space? Research Pinterest for home accent, gardening and space-saving tips. Even large homes can get crowded if everyone wants to hang around the same room. TWO MEN Lawrenceville can take old appliances and furniture to the dump so y’all can upgrade!
- What does me-time look like for everyone? Art corners, cozy reading nooks, gym time, outdoor adventures or TV time- figure out how your new roommates relax. Boundaries work better when everyone knows hubby must watch the game.
- Are family dinners important? Work, hobbies and life can rearrange your scheduled time together. Flexibility is key! Try video dinners or watch something over the phone around mealtime.
Antiques, family keepsakes and out-of-season clothing take up a lot of space. Use our Lawrenceville staff’s tips to store smarter.
–Get several in-home estimates. Shopping professional relocation companies helps map out the exact size needed to store your belongings.
–Line up insurance before your move. Moving insurance in Georgia is mandatory. Check the highest valued box. Better prepared than unprepared.
–Choose a facility near your favorite movers. Leaving the country? Keep your items safe at TWO MEN Lawrenceville’s storage site.
–Clearly label boxes. Pinterest printouts, anyone? TWO MEN Lawrenceville will take photos and number each box if you’d like to pull different items out between spaces.
–Time. Deciding how long your items will be in storage can be difficult. See if your storage facility has competitive yearly rates.
–Use clean boxes. New, fresh out of the box, boxes are a must for short and long-term storage. Old boxes & storage containers can attract creatures. Ew!
–Keep in contact with your storage facility. Managers, service reps and owners can change locations. Having a singular point person matters.
–Hire professional movers to store your belongings. Getting heirlooms, old clothes or family items out of your home and into storage safely matters! TWO MEN Lawrenceville is trained on 2018’s best safe moving practices. We treat your items as if they were our own.
Finding a new home, closing processes and utilities are a full-time project. Throw packing into the mix and its a party! TWO MEN L’ville has 4 easy tips for a smooth DIY pack party.
- Invite A-type personalities. Packing parties require a lot of trust and coordination. Food/beverages are a must. Keep your DIY packing parties simple with organized fun.
- Plan. Pinterest has color coordination plans, floor plan guides and packing on a budget ideas.
- Utilize all resources. Have a vacation, major school/work project due before your move date? TWO MEN Lawrenceville can pack for you!
- Mark your first week boxes. Finding what your family needs to settle in should be your top priority.
Organization can be daunting! Christmas presents, unwanted gifts from holiday parties and last-minute purchases take up space. TWO MEN Lawrenceville has 4 tips on bringing in 2018 with less clutter:
- Commit to a 2017 purge. Before NYE festivities, spend the last weekend of year getting rid of unnecessary junk. Make 3 piles; keep, maybe keep and dispose. Call TWO MEN Lawrenceville and have fresh boxes delivered to your door for the “maybe keep” pile.
- Donate! Some items in the “dispose” pile can be donated to Goodwill, homeless shelters or your favorite charity. Trash the small stuff. TWO MEN Lawrenceville can pickup your unwanted appliances and indoor furniture! We’ll take all donations to your charity of choice and used appliances (or any of the above to the dump). One less thing to hide when company comes for New Years brunch.
- Recycle. Paper, plastic, paint, metals and about 15 other product types can be recycled near you. Even your leftover Christmas tree/s!
- Re-organize. Little compares to the feeling or re-organized furniture. If you’re planning on spending 2018 in the same home, rearrange your appliances and furniture for a new feel in the same space. TWO MEN Lawrenceville does interior moving so you don’t have to. Point us in the right direction with a drawn out map and supervise with a relaxing beverage.
Driving, flying or walking down the street isn’t as easy as it used to be. TWO MEN Lawrenceville understands. Our staff has 5 holiday travel tips for your venture home.
- Snacks are a must. Healthy things, leftovers from Christmas or even a milkshake on the way home does wonders. Don’t forget napkins!
- Phone charger(s). External batteries aren’t always airline friendly. Check with your carrier and airline web site before putting your favorite battery in your bag. Mailing items that won’t fly with you is always an option.
- Be kind. Everyone wants to get home. Laughing together is a great way to pass the time. Making new friends by the train, bus or airport coffee shop
- Nap when you can. Leftover laundry, dishes, household cleaning and yard work might greet you upon return. Enjoy the few hours of quiet while you can. Rest up, y’all!
- Research your next project. TWO MEN Lawrenceville understands taking down Christmas decorations isn’t easy. Check out what people have said about our services (see right column links). Interior moves are simple with your Lawrenceville moving professionals!
Moving can be a full-time job, frustration or fun. It’s all about how much planning you put into your move. Relocation during a rainstorm can leave you with a lot more to clean. Our movers and staff recommend the following items to keep it all breezy:
-cardboard (threshold/door frame prep)
-painting tarps (thick cloth recommended)
-water & snacks
-first week needs packed separately (leave this on the kitchen table)
-tool kit (trust)
-fresh, clean moving boxes
-dependable moving transportation (preferably clean)
TWO MEN Lawrenceville wishes you and yours a safe move! Let us know when you need us.
Sunday, 8/13, our staff volunteered our sweat and pedaling skills at CycleBar Dunwoody to support ADMH (Adult Disability Medical Home). Truthfully, our staff was both terrified and really excited about the opportunity to give back through spin class. We researched through videos, articles and asked friends about their experiences with spin class. None of this compares to the comfort and helpfulness we trust ADMH.
Previously, TWO MEN Lawrenceville has helped ADMH set up their annual 5K/1K for Health. Our movers loved stretching with all the runners! After the run, our staff helped ADMH staff break event items down. We’re excited to do more cardio for a great cause in September at ADMH’s Run for Health. Indoor cycling wasn’t as intense because our staff knew we’d be helping families in need.
Danielle, CycleBar‘s instructor was very helpful in guiding our ride. All 5 staff members who joined did better than expected! In our class of 42+ volunteer riders, we placed mid-low range. None of us had ever taken a cycling class but really enjoyed the atmosphere. Many thanks to Amanda from ADMH for asking us to volunteer and setting everything up!
Our staff visited Hall County Animal Shelter and couldn’t get enough of the pups and kittens! This fall, August 21-November 15, TWO MEN Lawrenceville is benefiting the Hall County Animal Shelter by collecting items for pets in need. Movers for Mutts in Atlanta is metro-wide effort to give back to shelters, non-profits and 501c3s who need extra help placing pets. In the Gwinnett and Hall areas, TWO MEN Lawrenceville is reaching out to two shelters. Look out for more info on our mini campaign with Alcovy Pet Rescue.
If you have any of the following items please bring them by our Suwanee office @ 1049 Industrial Ct Suite A, Suwanee, 30024:
-dry cat and kitten food
Thinking about donating your time instead of items? Giving back can be a huge help! Volunteer with us in September. Stay tuned for details.
TWO MEN Lawrenceville/Suwanee is currently looking for community partners to help collect items for Hall County Animal Shelter’s fur babies. If interested in giving back during Movers for Mutts, please email us @ email@example.com or DM us on Twitter.